Kuala Lumpur Photography Festival 2021 Annual Theme Photo Exhibition
Reinventing Life … in the New Normal
重塑 人生 新常态
Reinvention is the process of adapting to the changes brought about by some reasons and this change makes one feel as though it is an entirely new life.
The Covid-19 pandemic has caused a catastrophic impact to the world such that life will never be the same. While there might be many who have suffered the consequences, there are also an encouraging number who have picked up the pieces of lives and beat the odds to survive. Notwithstanding the tough circumstances, they thrived. This pandemic has taught us nothing is impossible, where there is a will there is always a way.
In this theme “Reinventing Life….in the New Normal”, we call for encouragement and compassion towards our fellow mankind. Let us put our images together and send the positive vibes to everyone in the world that “life is worth living”.
We call upon photographers to submit in single images – how we have made the drastic changes, how we have adapted and how we made a positive impact against the odds.
Terms & Conditions
1.This exhibition is open to all interested photographers (in Malaysia and other countries).
2.By submitting their work, the photographer confirms that the submitted images are original work created solely by the photographer, that the photographs do not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph.
3.By submitting to this exhibition, all photographers agree to abide by each and all the rules under the terms and conditions.
The Exhibition Fees
- 1.Each photographer is required to pay RM20 or USD6 upon submission.
- 2.Each payment is valid for submission up to 10 images.
- 3.The photographers who are selected for the exhibition are eligible to receive one (1) PDF copy of the KLPF 2021 Exhibition Catalogue.
- 4.The KLPF 2021 Exhibition Catalogue download link will be emailed to the successful participating photographers.
- 5.The organiser will refund the submission fees to the photographers who are not selected for the exhibition.
- 6.Payment must be bank-in to
- Account name: PCP PUBLICATIONS
- Bank: MAYBANK
- Account no.: 5644 0960 3229
- 7.Overseas participants may request for our PayPal payment link.
- 1.Entries must be image files in RGB jpeg format only, must be related to the theme “Reinventing Life….in the New Normal” (*In case of discrepancy in interpretation, the English version shall prevail.)
- 2.Entries may be in colour or black & white.
- 3.Images submitted must be printable up to 12 x 18 inches at 300dpi resolution.
- 4.Each photographer may submit up to 10 images (maximum).
- 5.Images must not have any borders or film edges, name, personal logos or watermarks.
- 6.The theme “Reinventing Life….in the New Normal” may be expressed in its widest sense, and could be any genre documentary, lifestyle, street, conceptual, abstract, portraiture, nature, landscapes, wildlife, journalism, fine art and so on.
- 7.Only work that are selected by the organizer will be reproduced for the exhibition.
- 8.All entries must be submitted via
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- upload to cloud storage and share link with us or
- MUST include photographer’s name & self-portrait photo, mobile phone no., email address, nationality and proof of payment.
- include a photo caption (not more than 20 words) with the country/location captured.
1.Kuala Lumpur Photography Festival/PCP Publications reserves the right to exclude or withdraw from the exhibition any image that is deemed inappropriate in content or that, for any reason, display of the image exposes PCP Publications to risk of legal proceedings.
2.Kuala Lumpur Photography Festival/PCP Publications reserves the right to free reproduction of the submitted images for the above-mentioned exhibition at KUALA LUMPUR PHOTOGRAPHY FESTIVAL 2021 website, social media channels and its related publicity.
3.The copyright will, at all times, be retained by the photographer and, where an image/images is/are reproduced by the organiser, the photographer will be duly credited.
4.This photo exhibition will be held physically with prints, if the situation permits. Else it will be held in the 3D Virtual Gallery with digital images.
5.The organizer reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions from time to time as they deem fit. Any update on the terms and conditions will be notified on the official website (www.klpf.com.my) and Facebook page @KLPFMalaysia.
6.Closing date for submission: 20/June 2021.