KLPF Photo-creator of the year2014
Open to all Malaysians only.
Closing Date for submissions: 30th June 2014
Short-listed entries will be exhibited at KLPF 2014
Kuala Lumpur Photography Festival 2014
19~21 September 2014, Mid Valley Exhibition Centre
For participation details, please visit www.klpf.com.my
Contact us by phone: 03-92818039 or by email:firstname.lastname@example.org
KLPF Photo-creator of the Year (KPTY) 2014 – Rules & Regulations
Categories : Open (no age limit)
KLPF Photo-creator of the year2014
1. Support and encourage local emerging photographers to develop and exhibit their works to the public in Malaysia.
2. Represent cultural diversity through photographic exhibitions.
3. Strengthen regional identity and assisting the development of cultural tourism in the region.
4. Nurture and raise the profile of local photographic talents.
Terms and Conditions
1. Photography submissions
– Entries shot on either film or digital cameras are eligible for submission. However, all images submitted must be in digital file format.
– Series of Work: Each series of work shall contain 12 images.
– The photograph must not contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
2. The photograph, in its entirety, must be a works of original material taken by the entrant. By entering the competition, the entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photographs are original works created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph.
3. The organiser reserves the right to exclude or withdraw from the contest any work that is deemed inappropriate in content or that, for any reason, display of the image exposes the organiser to risk of legal proceedings.
4. Reproduction Rights of Organisers and Sponsors: The organisers and sponsors reserve the right to free reproduction and exhibition of the submitted images in all media, printed and on-line, but only in connection with KUALA LUMPUR PHOTOGRAPHY FESTIVAL; Photo Creator Magazine; Advanced Images Magazine; Fotografika Magazine and their promotions. The copyright will, at all times, be retained by the photographer and, where an image or images are reproduced by the organiser or sponsors, the photographer will be credited.
5. The organisers will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the competition.
6. By submitting to this contest, all entrants agree to abide by each and all the Rules under the terms and conditions. Any breach of these Rules by an entrant will void their entries. The KLPF organiser reserves the right to amend any of these Rules without prior notice. Any amendments will be published on the website www.klpf.com.my and it is the entrants’ responsibility to check up the website for any amendments.
7. Submission and Notification:
– Entrants must submit from 06 January 2014 to 30 June 2014.
— Images submitted must be 300dpi resolution and printable up to 10” x 15” size.
— Entries must be digital image files in JPEG or JPG format only, can be in colour or black & white.
— Shortlisted entries will be selected by a panel of judges. All short-listed entrants will be notified by email in August 2014.
— Entries may be submitted via email to email@example.com or via CD courier/mail to PCP Publications, 154-4-1, Kompleks Maluri, Jalan Jejaka, Taman Maluri, 55100 Kuala Lumpur.
— Participants are required to provide participant’s name/IC/address/phone number and photographer’s background.
8. The Final Judging Process
– Short-listed photographers will have their selected work printed and exhibited during the KLPF 2014.
— Short-listed photographers are required to present/explain their work to the panel of judges during the final judging event.
— Short-listed photographers will also have to submit 3 images shot on the spot with topic/s provided by the organising committee. These 3 images will be awarded points as added bonus.
9. The Rewards
– The KLPF Photographer of the Year of each category will receive the following:-
A certificate of recognition as KLPF Photo-creator of the Year 2014.
— The winner’s work will be featured in Advanced Images, Photo Creator and Fotografika magazines.
— Selected piece/s of the winner’s works may don the cover page of Advanced Images, Photo Creator or Fotografika magazines.
10. The Theme for KLPF Photographer of the Year 2014 is